The Hermitage Museum Foundation (USA), Inc. (HMF) supports the State Hermitage Museum’s collections, as well as its artistic and educational missions. Through fundraising efforts, the HMF sponsors restorations, exhibitions of American art, private curatorial tours, member trips, concerts, film screenings, and lectures. It works closely with other foundations, museums, and businesses in the United States supporting the Hermitage Museum and advancing Russian-American cultural diplomacy.
Bringing one of the world’s greatest art collections, and the buildings in which they are housed, into the 21st century has been an international labor of love since the early 1990’s. This transformation has been made possible in large part by private contributions, both large and small. A few of the completed and ongoing projects funded totally or in part by contributions to HMF include:
- Art from America™
- Permanent Display "The Jacques Lipchitz Room"
- Gifts from America: 1948-2013, Modern and Contemporary applied arts
- Touching the Past museum program for Blind and Visually Impaired Children
- Portrait of Alexander I by Kruger restoration
- Roentgen Bureau with figure of Apollo restoration
- Leo von Klenze display cases
- Louise Bourgeois and Willem De Kooning Late Paintings Exhibition Catalogues
- Titian’s masterpiece, Flight Into Egypt – an ongoing restoration
- Greek and Roman Gallery restoration in the New Hermitage
- Parquet flooring restoration
We invite you to learn more about the Foundation and the incomparable Hermitage Museum itself. Home to more than three million treasures, is truly one of the world’s greatest repositories of our common human culture as well as one of the most romantic and beautiful places on earth.
We hope you will join us in supporting our mission!
Join us in preserving and promoting one of the most important cultural treasures in the world by joining the Hermitage Museum Foundation. All donations are tax deductible under US law.
You can easily make a direct donation in the amount of your choosing.